Job Description: Program Coordinator
About Point of View: Point of View (PoV) is a Mumbai-based non-profit that strengthens and amplifies women’s voices, and removes barriers to voice, speech and expression.
We work at the intersections of gender, sexuality, technology, disability and rights, through our programs –
- Sexuality, Gender and Digitality;
- Sexuality and Disability;
- Digital Storytelling;
- Internet Democracy Project
Job title: Program coordinator
Start date: Immediate
Role Description: We are currently looking for a full-time Program Coordinator to join our small and highly efficient team in Mumbai. Reporting to PoV’s Director of Implementation and Growth, the Program Coordinator will work across programs, primarily on but not limited to the Sexuality and Disability program, to:
- Coordinate with NGO partners all over the country for Sexuality and Disability workshops. Work with existing and new partners to build and maintain relationships for workshops, campaigns and advocacy, as well as on-ground support at the workshops.
- Conduct desk-based research, and support work on the sexual and reproductive rights of women and girls living with disability.
- Help plan, coordinate and attend multiple screenings of a documentary film on surviving and healing from sexual abuse that PoV will be taking to six cities in India in 2019. Working with different grassroots partners in each city, actively shaping the conversation.
- Document and evaluate workshops and events on an ongoing basis.
- Support other programs namely Digital Storytelling, and Sexuality, Gender and Digitality on a need basis.
- Support social media on a need basis.
- Coordinate logistics for workshops, events and other project activities.
Required skills (must-have):
- Passion for and knowledge of gender and sexuality
- Excellent coordination skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to self manage
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proactiveness, self motivation and can-do spirit
- Ability to connect and work with grassroots partners and participants
Additional Skills (good to have): Experience working with different communication mediums.
Qualification and Experience: Bachelors or Masters in humanities, social sciences or social work, with two to four years of work experience.
Salary: Based on experience.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected] along with a brief write up on why you want to work with us in this role. Last date to apply is March 31st.